How to repost on Instagram? You should read the detailed step-by-step instructions carefully in our article below to quickly understand and follow them. Let’s read on!
Instagram and many other social networks are built to connect everyone. Liking or commenting on other users’ posts is a great way to show care and love.
Besides, reposting the photos, videos, and stories is the best way to increase engagement. So how to repost on Instagram? Keep reading to see more!
How to Repost on Instagram?
The following guide covers four different topics related to reposting. So choose the one that’s right for you.
Reposting a Story
Since this social screen platform added the “Stories” feature, it has become one of the favorite ways to share content on Insta.
One of the possible reasons you might want to share another user’s stories is that they tagged you in it. So if you want to share stories you’ve been tagged in, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the Direct Messages. You will need to press a paper airplane icon.
- Open a notification telling you that you have been tagged in one story.
- Tap the “Add This To Your Story” option.
- Edit these stories if needed. It is okay to add stickers, text, or GIFs. Then press the “Next” button.
- Pick where you want to repost this story. It includes your close friends, a Direct Message to another user, and your stories. Then press send.
Repost a Story You Are Not Tagged In
This app only allows you to repost a Story that you have been tagged in. However, many third-party apps allow you to repost Stories that you are not tagged in. One of those apps is Ming.
- Log in to your account.
- Locate a Story you’re aiming for.
- Press the username of the user’s account.
- Tap three horizontal dots.
- Choose Copy Profile URL.
- Open “Ming.”
- Choose Paste Link.
- Adjust the repost tag however you want.
- Tap Share, and you’ll go to Instagram.
- Choose stories.
- Choose where you want to repost this Story.
This way is only available if the stories you are reposting are made public. It is impossible to paste the profile URL into a third-party application if it is private.
Repost The Instagram Post
It is possible to repost an Instagram post for your story. Here is how to do it.
- Log in to your account.
- Find the content you need to share.
- Tap a paper airplane icon underneath this post.
- Tap the “add post to your story” option.
- Edit this post if needed. It is okay to add stickers, GIFs, or text.
- Choose where you need to post this story.
- Tap the “send” option.
It can only repost someone’s video or photo if their account is public.
Reposting on Instagram With the Captions
If the account is public, in addition to reposting posts to your Story, you can also include the captions. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your app.
- Identify a post you need to share.
- Press a paper airplane icon underneath this post.
- Choose the “add post to your story” option.
- Press this post to display a caption.
- Pressing it again would hide this caption.
- Tap send.
Does Reposting Violate the Terms and Conditions of This Platform?
It is legal as long as you give credit to the creator.
Why Can I not Repost on Instagram?
Maybe the stories you are reposting are not public.
Is It Good to Repost on Instagram?
Reposting on this platform lets you get high-performing posts that users from your audience are engaging with. Keep the momentum going by publishing it on your account.
In that way, you can benefit from the awesome content from others while helping the creators to get more exposure.
Can I See Who Shared My Instagram Post?
You cannot see who shared your posts on a personal account.
Hopefully, through the above article, you will repost any post on Instagram. Please reach us through email or comment below if you have any further queries. We will try to give a complete response as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in the article!