How to get verified on Instagram? If you are interested in this topic, our article is for you. Let’s read this article to get a detailed guide and helpful info!
Getting verified is the best validation for brands and influencers on Instagram.
A “blue tick” will give you more control over your online presence by ensuring your profile is the only one representing your brand.
Getting verified on Instagram is tricky and is not something everyone can do. However, if you are determined to earn your “blue tick,” our article will guide you on how to get verified on Instagram.
How to Get Verified on Instagram?
Any Instagram account can request a verified badge. Yet, this platform is notoriously picky about who gets verified.
Let’s take a look at what are the conditions that your account needs to meet to request a verified badge.
Authentic: Your account must represent a natural person, registered business, or brand. It can’t be a fan account and meme page.
Unique: Only one Instagram account per business or person can get verified, except for the language-specific account.
Public: The private Instagram account does not qualify to get verified.
Notable: It is where things get subjective. Yet, Instagram defines a notable account as one that is “highly searched for” and “well-known.”
Complete: Does your account have a profile photo, complete bio, and one post?
If you’re confident that your account meets these criteria or want to try it, it’s time to apply to verify your Instagram account.
6 Steps on How to Apply to Get Verified on Instagram
The application process for verification on this platform is actually quite simple. Here is how to do it:
Step 1: Navigate to your profile and press the hamburger icon in your screen’s top right corner.
Step 2: Tap Settings.
Step 3: Press Account.
Step 4: Press the “Request Verification” option.
Step 5: Complete an Application Form. The information that you will have to fill out includes:
- Your legal name
- Your working name or “known as” (if applicable)
- Your industry or category (for example: influencer/blogger, news/media, sports, brand/organization/business, etc).
- It is necessary to submit a photo of your official government ID. It could be a driver’s passport or license for individuals. Besides, it could be an official business document, tax filings, or a utility bill for businesses.
Step 6: Press the “Send” option.
After Instagram’s team reviews your application, you will gain a response in the notifications tab. Due to historical and ongoing issues with scammers, this platform is evident that they’ll never email users or ask for money.
Within several days or up to one week, you will get a “yes or “no” answer without explanation or feedback.
Pro Tips to Get Verified on Instagram
- You should be notable. A random guy can’t hope to get verified from Instagram.
Instead, you or your brand must be well known to the general public. Being featured in promotional content or in paid does not count.
- You should be real, literally. Your Instagram account has to represent a registered business, an established organization, or a natural person. No parody accounts or inspirational meme pages would be suitable.
- Make sure setting up the user profile is complete. Remember that your Instagram account cannot get verified if it does not come with a profile picture, bio, and at least one post.
- Only apply to get verified for one Instagram account. You cannot have multiple verified Instagram accounts for yourself or a brand.
The exception occurs with the language-specific account (for example, McDonald’s Italy vs. McDonald’s Denmark).
- You must avoid linking to another social network as if your user profile comes with links to follow accounts on other social platforms, and your request would be doomed.
- You should also be public as a private account cannot get verified.
- You also need to be honest. You’ll have the verified badge removed if you offer misleading or false information when asking for verification. You can even get a permanent ban from the platform.
FAQs for Get Verified Account Instagram!
Can a Normal User Get Verified on Instagram?
You or your business must be well known to be verified on Instagram.
Is It Hard to Get Verified on Instagram?
Yes, it can be incredibly difficult to get verified on Instagram.
How do you get a verified Instagram account?
To verify your Instagram account, open your profile > select Settings > select Accounts > click Request Verification. And now, please Enter your full name, information, and identification documents.
How many followers do you need to be verified on Instagram?
There is no specific number; you can verify an Instagram account from 1000 or 100,000 followers.
How much does it cost to be Instagram verified?
Verification on Instagram is free. However, if you use a 3rd party ID account verification service, you will pay from 300 to 1000 $.
What are the benefits of being verified on Instagram?
Once your IG nick is verified and has a blue tick, it will gain more credibility, get more people engaged with your account, and you will be able to use exclusive new features, and Your account will be more secure.
The Bottom Line
You’ve read to the bottom of this guide. Hopefully, it has helped you to clear all your queries regarding how to get verified on Instagram. If you have any questions or good tips, let us know through the comment section.
Thank you and see you in our next update!