How to block direct messaging on Instagram? Here are the common ways for you to follow easily and quickly. Check it out now for more details!
Direct messages are a helpful feature on Instagram that allows us to chat directly with friends who are other users on the platform.
Yet, this feature can bring a lot of trouble when we have to receive spam or harassing messages in many cases. So, the block feature will be highly effective to protect yourself. So, how to block direct messaging on Instagram?
Let’s find out in this article!
How To Block Direct Messaging On Instagram?
Blocking messages on Instagram is not challenging to implement, even for those who are not proficient in technology or do not regularly use Instagram. Here are the steps for you to do.
Block Direct messages from strangers
Instagram has given each user a filter for messages from strangers to let them know from the very beginning. We can be safe from the threats on this platform.
Here you need to understand that the concept of strangers is people who are not your followers. If they deliberately follow you on this platform, that account will no longer be a personal stranger again.
Before starting to block messages, you should switch your account to Private mode first, according to the following instructions.
- Step 1: At the main Instagram screen, click on the Profile icon in the lower right corner to your page.
Then click the gear-shaped button in the upper right corner of the screen to go to the settings page. On a device, at the profile screen, you will click on the three-bar icon and then click on the settings.
- Step 2: In the settings section, go to the private account option and slide the slider to the right to activate this feature. Later, every time someone wants to follow, they have to wait for your consent.
After ensuring that unwanted accounts can’t track you, the following steps will help us prevent direct messages from strangers.
- Step 1: On the main screen, click on the icon Profile icon, then click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
On a device, at the Profile screen, you will click on the three-bar icon and then click to select settings.
- Step 2: In the Privacy section, click on Messages.
- Step 3: In this new window, select Your followers on Insta, and then Don’t receive requests to complete this step.
If there are cases where you cannot block an account entirely for various reasons or do not want them to disturb you for a particular time, then the Mute Contact function will be the most effective choice. that we can use.
- Step 1: Go to the Messages section and open your message thread with the person you need to mute by clicking on that person’s name.
- Step 2: At the messaging interface, click on the object’s avatar and select the Mute message item. You can even choose Mute Call Notifications to prevent distractions altogether.
You can rest assured when you mute them because others won’t know you’ve muted them.
Turn off Notifications
When turning off all message notifications, you can’t use the way when we turn off notifications for individuals.
The following actions will be more reasonable.
- Step 1: Click the Profile icon in the lower right corner of your Profile page.
Then click the gear-shaped button in the upper right corner of the screen to go to the settings page.
In Profile, you click on the three-bar icon and then click to select settings
- Step 2: On the settings page, you select Notifications.
- Step 3: At Notifications, go to the Pause All option and activate it so you can turn off all notifications.
If you want to stop receiving messages from someone, you do the same as when you want to Mute Contact.
You also open the message and select that person’s avatar. Here, you will scroll down and find the restricted section to use this feature.
1. How do I stop Read Receipts on Instagram?
Unfortunately, this platform still does not provide us with the feature to prevent viewed notifications from appearing.
2. How long does the Instagram DM block last?
12 to 48 hours is the average time for a DM block to live. However, the longest time can take up to nearly two weeks.
The Bottom Line
So we’ve learned together how to block direct messaging on Instagram. I hope this information will help you in the process of using this platform.